I have a fun tutorial for you all this week. This broken statue design allows you to get those creative juices flowing. You have so many options when it comes to what’s underneath the broken portion of the statue and that’s what makes it so much fun! I chose rainbow with a little design inside. So let’s get started!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Mehron Storm Cloud Grey
- Silly Farm Rainbow Cake Hippie
- Mehron White Paradise Face Paint
- Wolfe Black Face Paint
- Always Wicked Art Butterfly Sponge
- Mehron Stipple Sponge
- Mehron Paradise Petal Tip Brush
- Mehron Mark Reid Signature Round Brush #4
- Ben Nye Lumiere Grande Colour Starry Night
Load your stipple sponge with black and one dab of white, then stipple the edge of the design, side of nose and cheekbones to add shadowing.
Load your stipple sponge with white and one dab of grey, then begin stippling all over the statue area to give it a rock like texture.
Load your Always Wicked Art Butterfly Sponge with your rainbow cake and sponge the empty area of the design. This will be the part of the statue that is broken.
Load your filbert brush with starry night shadow and add to the edges of the rainbow portion of the design.
Load your #4 round brush with Wolfe Black and outline the rainbow portions. From here you will paint the cracks that extend from the rainbow portion into the statue area.
This is where you will get creative. Continue with your black and begin painting a design on top of the rainbow area.
You can follow my design pattern if you choose or make up your own. I also painted the eyebrow black.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s tutorial. Be sure to share your new look with us on Facebook. Let us know what tutorials you’d like to see us do in the future!
Until next time,
Live, Love, Paint!
Stacey Perry is the owner of and primary face painter for Peekaboo Faces located in Lafayette, Louisiana. Stacey also blogs for FacePaint.com. You can follow her on Instagram @thestah
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: @thestah, beautiful makeup, broken statue, Characters, creepy, Design Ideas, face paint, face painter lafayette la, Fantasy Faces, halloween makeup, halloween makeup ideas, halloweenmakeup.com, louder than powder, peekaboo faces, peekaboo faces lafayette la, peekaboofaces.com, sistahmatic, stacey perry, Stacey Perry face and body artist, stacey perry face painter, statue face paint, Uncategorized