Today, we’ll change it up a bit by using mostly shimmer powders and glitter gel to glam up our design. Glam face designs have been on the rise lately, so let’s give this Glam Skull a go.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ben Nye Golden Apricot Lumiere Luxe Shimmer Powder
- Ben Nye Bronze Lumiere Luxe Shimmer Powder
- Ben Nye Aztec Gold Lumiere Luxe Shimmer Powder
- Global Face Paint – Dark Blue
- Blue GlitterMark
- Global Gold Glitter Gel
- Mehron Mark Reid Signature Round Brush #4
- Smoothie Blender
- Mehron Paradise Petal Tip Brush
- Self Adhesive Rhinestone Blings
Begin by loading your Mehron Paradise Petal Tip Brush with Ben Nye Golden Apricot Lumiere Luxe Shimmer Powder to start the outline of your skull.
Next, use your Smoothie blender and add color and shading with both Ben Nye Bronze Lumiere Luxe Shimmer Powder and Ben Nye Aztec Gold Lumiere Luxe Shimmer Powder. The darker color will be applied to the edges and side of the nose.
Continue outlining the skull in the darkest powder (apricot) and add lines for the teeth.
Continue adding your design lines. I chose to do a symmetrical design. You will paint the nose and also add to the teeth lines you made before. Add the Aztec gold powder to the lips with a smoothie blender.
Next, apply the Global Holographic gold glitter gel to the design. Next, take your blue GlitterMark and outline the design. I outlined everything, including the teeth and nose. Finally, apply bling as shown.
This design is a good way to start practicing other techniques and skills. Powders can be a great addition to add to your kit. I know I love them!
I hope you enjoyed this week’s tutorial. Be sure to share your new look with us on Facebook. Let us know what tutorials you’d like to see us do in the future!
Until next time,
Live, Love, Paint!
Stacey Perry is the owner of and primary face painter for Peekaboo Faces located in Lafayette, Louisiana. Stacey also blogs for FacePaint.com. You can follow her on Instagram @thestah
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: @thestah, beautiful makeup, beauty skull, Characters, creepy, Design Ideas, face paint, face painter lafayette la, glam skull, halloween makeup, halloween makeup ideas, halloweenmakeup.com, louder than powder, peekaboo faces, peekaboo faces lafayette la, peekaboofaces.com, sistahmatic, skull makeup, stacey perry, Stacey Perry face and body artist, stacey perry face painter, Uncategorized