Mardi Gras is just around the corner! I don’t know about your town, but it seems that New Orleans isn’t the only town that has a parade and parties! It’s loud, expressive and fun to dress up and parade down the street for Mardi Gras. Here is a fun and colorful eye make up design. The traditional colors of Mardi Gras is gold, green & purple. However you can do whatever you want to be unique and different. This design has lots of colorful glitter placed over some pretty body paint colors. It’s very bold and bright, just like Mardi Gras. It really stands out in the sunlight, and is perfect for the parade!
1. Starting with the fuchsia face paint and the 1/2 in chisel brush, add a “cat eye” shape to the eye.
2. Using your finger, add sheer pink glitter over the pink while the paint is still wet.
3. Using the medium round brush, add purple around the pink.
4. Add purple opaque glitter to the purple paint.
5. Outline the shapes using the black face paints.
6. Using the white and the small round brush, draw a series of white rectangles that curve in a line to create the black and white checkered patterns.
7. Fill in with black.
8. Using the medium round brush, paint yellow shapes below the eye and in between the checkered patterns. Add yellow glitter on top while the paint is still wet. For small areas I add glitter using a small brush by dipping in water, removing excess water, then dipping into a pile of glitter off to the side. I can redip my brush, and add carefully to small areas.
9. Outline the yellow shapes in black.
10. Finally, add the gems to the design for the last touch. Using the spirit gum, add a tiny dab to the center of the back. Let it tack up for a minute then carefully place on the face. You will want make sure to use spirit gum remover when you are removing the gems, it will be very easy, and the gems will stay put so you can move, jump and parade.
Thank you for viewing. Please let us know what you think in the comments below! Happy Mardi Gras!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Carnival, colorful, Design Ideas, eye mask, Fantasy Faces, Festival, gyspy, jesture, Joker, Mardi Gras, New Orleans, Parade