Mardi Gras celebration! So much fun and joy. For our Mardi Gras Design I made a mime Mask. I can just see myself walking down New Orleans and seeing a mime preforming on the street. So I simply just combined the two as one. I have this awesome Mardi Gras mask and i wanted to bring it to life. Happy Mardi Gras Everyone!
1. I started out by tracing out my design using a black eyeliner pencil (white Pencil is great too) Shaping out the Mardi Gras mask but also creating a illusion like i'm actually wearing a real mask. I put a line down my forehead and on my chin.
2. Filling in my Illusion with Black face paint on one side of my forehead using a Flat brush. Also a thickened line under the mask and under my chin. My mask design is a black butterfly. I went in with a round brush to create the butterfly.
3. Connecting the butterfly to bring it all together. Fixed with the antennas using a small round brush.
4. The entire mask is white. USing a round Brush to apply and fill in.
5.Adding Red face paint for my lips like red lipstick. i made the lips a little smaller then mine.
6. Taking Black eye shadow. going along the edge of the mask and blending outwards but still keeping close the the edge of your design. the illusion will will come to light.
Zuri Fx Johnson, Makeup and Fx Artist, Kids Face painter, Theater Makeup artist. All levels of makeup she enjoys! Zuri has been a professional makeup artist for 11 years. She always wants to enhance your beauty but also turn you into something you couldn't even imagine.
Thank you for watching and viewing. I hope you enjoyed the Tutorial. More to come
See more of her and ask any questions you like.
Share this post