Welcome! I hope you are ready to give this week's tutorial a try. We'll be doing an abstract monochrome design that will make a great addition to your portfolio.
Here's what you'll need to create this look:
- Global Face Paint - Standard White
- Global Face Paint - Standard Strong Black
- Global Face Paint - Stone Grey
- Mehron Paradise Smoothie Blender
- Always Wicked Art Mini Half Round Makeup Sponges
- Mehron Mark Reid Signature Round Brush #4
- Ben Nye 8 Color Metallic Lumiere Grande Colour Palette
First, you will want to load your sponge with Global White and stipple the color over the entire face. I also continued down to the neck and shoulders, but this is optional.
Load your #4 Round brush with Global Black and begin painting the the abstract shapes. You can choose to use the same pattern as I chose or you can make your own pattern.
Continue with your #4 Round brush loaded with black and begin to fill in some of the shapes at random.
Load your #4 round brush with grey and fill in some of the other shapes, also at random. You will want to have some filled with black, grey and white.
Next, load your smoothie blender with silver from your Ben Nye Shadow palette and apply as eye shadow. You can add some black from the same palette for additional shading on the eyes.
Optional* - Load your #4 round brush with black and begin painting additional patterns that extend down to the shoulders. Fill it with grey and black as you did in the previous steps.
You can go back with black if you need to sharpen any of the edges on your pattern shapes. I also extended my pattern into the hair. So if your model is willing, go for it!
I hope you enjoyed my monochrome design!
Be sure to share your monochrome designs with us on Facebook and let us know what tutorials you’d like to see us do in the future!
Until next time,
Live, Love, Paint!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: @thestah, abstract makeup, beautiful makeup, black and white, monochrome, stacey perry face painter