I got Scratched. Slashed me right in the face. I will have a scar - oh wait! no I won't, it is just Gory Halloween makeup! This is a great look to scare everyone for Halloween. A small costume with a big impact. Here is a simple special effects look you can do in a jiffy!
Makeup Foundation in your shade
1. First I applied a everyday makeup look which is absolutely optional. Then, using Mehron Spirit Gum liquid Adhesive and made 4 lines on my cheek. Smaller lines on the outside and longer lines in the middle. Just like they are scratch marks. I let that dry for a minute until the Adhesive is tacky.
2. Then I gathered some Scar Wax and rolled it in between my hands to the length of adhesive applied. Pressed very lightly onto skin. Ha Ha, now it looks like I have worms on my face. I promise I don't!
3. Using a sculpting utensil, I molded the Scar Wax seamlessly on my skin, also making ridges into the middle of the wound.
4. Next I added liquid latex covering the entire wound. I need to do this so there is a layer between the scar wax and paint. I simply let that dry until latex is clear.
5. Now I added my color makeup foundation around and in between the wound, also adding foundation to the rest of the face.
6. Then I took Black face paint with a small round brush and made lines inside the scratches, right in the middle of the ridges.
7. The wound needs to look bruised, so I added a little bit of red and purple face paint on the outer and in between the wound and blended it out using a small round brush.
8. Lastly, I added fake blood! Now go out and scare some people.
Zuri Fx Johnson, Makeup and Fx Artist, Kids Face painter, Theater Makeup artist. All levels of makeup she enjoys! Zuri has been a professional makeup artist for nine years. She always wants to enhance your beauty but also turn you into something you couldn't even imagine.
Thank you for watching and viewing. I hope you enjoyed the Tutorial. More to come
See more of her and ask any questions you like.
Share this post