There are a lot of examples of stitched together skin on the internet. Here's my take on a severed zombie arm. Follow these steps and give it a try!
Mehron Bruise ProColoRing
colours used: Spanish Olive, Maize Yellow, Burnt Maroon
Kryolan Dermacolor Light Mini Palette 16
colours used: A12 (darkest), A 15 and A11 (mediums), A10 (lightest)
Substitute: Diamond FX Skin Tone Palette
Mehron Translucent Setting Powder
Eliza Griffith Black Powder
Diamond FX Monster Palette
colours used: Blood Red
Diamond FX Black, White
Vermilion FX Drying Blood Dark/Oxblood
Kryolan Fresh Scratch
See all our Fake Blood products
Diamond FX Flat Brush, Df-2 (sub TAG Round Number 2)
Paint Pal Swirl Brush number 1
Mehron Kabuki Brush (for powder)
Loew-Cornell Round Brushes, number 1, 3 and 5
Sillyfarm Teardrop Brush (for black, any brush would be fine)
Old Brush (for blood)
I began by painting selected parts of my hand Spanish olive, from my Mehron bruise ring, using my Df-2 brush.
For most of the skin tone patches I used my Dermacolor mini palette by Kryolan. I started with the lightest shade which was A10, using my Loew-Cornell number 3 round brush.
Next I used the darkest shade in the Dermacolor palette which was A12, I continued to use the same round number 3 brush.
As I used oil based products, I fixed them with Mehron translucent setting powder, with a kabuki brush.
Next I used a medium skin tone (A11) and number 3 brush to paint more patches on my hand and arm and A15 on parts of my fingers. Again I fixed these shades with powder as before.
I painted some blocks of Diamond FX regular brown, using a number 5 round brush.
Then added Maize yellow to some areas and also in areas on top of the previously painted green patches.
I began to outline each patch with Burn maroon, from my bruise ring, using a party explosion number 3 brush.
Using blood red face paint from my Diamond FX Monster Palette, I marked out where the arm would 'end' and also outlined each patch more.
I also added shading with black powder, using an eyeshadow brush.
Next I highlighted using Diamond FX white and a number 5 brush ( I was able to paint over the oil based products as I made sure the were properly set with powder beforehand).
I then painted a white circle at the bottom of my arm, to appear as bone.
To add more shadows to the patches I used a number 1 brush and Diamond FX black.
I painted around the 'bone' using DFX blood red and a number 5 brush.
To remove the rest of my arm from vision I used Diamond FX black with a teardrop brush from Sillyfarm.
In the centre of the 'bone' I used Maize yellow with my DF-2 brush again.
On top of the blood red paint , I added thick dark oxblood by Vermilion for a more realistic shine.
I painted stitches joining the patches using Diamond FX black and my number 1 brush.
I highlighted the stitches using Diamond FX white with a number 1 swirl brush.
Finally I added Vermilion FX drying dark blood to the areas between the paint d stitches and then fresh scratch over areas at the bottom of my arm.
I hope you found this blog useful for more of my work follow me on Instagram carolines_face_painting or Caroline's face painting on Facebook.
Share this post